Life's one big test

Friday, March 04, 2005

Heart wrenching and humbling

What an interesting evening I had last night. My friends and I went to a a charity ball in aid of 'Starlight'; a wonderful charity thats helps dying children fulfill life long wishes. Superficially, I was excited to be sat next to Emma Samms (Fallon Carrington!) of whom I was a big fan in the 80's. She was very nice and a warm, caring woman, who co-founded the charity, inspired by the death of her brother when he was 8 years old.
The evening was wonderful; so much effort had been put in, and so much money raised. A highlight of the evening, was when a 15 year old girl who suffers from Cystic Fibrosis performed for us live, with her special guest, Will Young.
I was inspired by this charity, and I have decided I will look into how I can volunteer them in some capacity. To be able to help grant the wish of a dying child, in turn often prolonging their all too short loves, is a priviledge.