Life's one big test

Monday, March 07, 2005

Life's a mixed bag sometimes

What a weekend, from one spectrum of life to the opposite; I love that about life. Actually the truth is, I am learning to love that about life. Learning to appreciate life is so important and either comes with age or knowledge - or both! I can't really say I've done that in the past. I've always had fun, but after that wold always come the downer, and if I'm honest with myself, I've never really been happy 'with' myself! Balance is something I am trying to get used to, and for a person who swings like a pendulum, it's not easy. But life shouldn't be easy. If it is, then yuo will have no appreciation of what it took or takes to receive.

"I want the good life
But I don't want an easy ride
What I want is to work for it
Feel the blood and sweat on my fingertips
That's what I want for me"
~Madonna, 2003

Friday night was spent with my buddies at Shabbat at the Kabbalah Centre in London. 2 hours of spiritual connection - no matter what mood I go in with, I always leave with my spirits lifted. I was short on cash, so I didn't feast, which is hard when you really want to stay, but it makes me appreciate the next time I eat there.
Saturday, well, I was knackered by this time, as Thursday and Friday were late night, but I didn't get the lay in I enjoy. I was feeling 'perky' so I got up early and headed off to town to get some air. Later that afternoon, I went to the fair with the the kids (not mine - my best mates) which was their first 'proper' time. The older one (5) loved it, after the initial shock of a so called family ride that travelled beyond the speed of sound, whilst the younger (3) remained slightly stunned by the G-force that he had been exposed to. Still, they had a great time and its so magical watching a child be 'amazed' at everything.
I finished the day in Bristol at a club - boring; I would rather have spent a night at home in front of the '24' which i am addicted to at the moment. Still, it was a full day which I love.
Sunday was Mothers day, so I headed off to the parents for a day of stress and irritation. Its hard spending time with them sometimes; one nags the other, the other moans blah blah. But you know, the irritation comes when you recognise some of those traits within yourself. You don't liek it in you, so it annoys you about others. I recognise that now; 'Mirroring'. It's life changing when you do, it really helps you to start to transform your nature into that of an understanding, proactive and not reactive being.
The evening finished off with a wonderful meal at our best friends, (by our I mean David-my ex and close friend) as we probed our Kabbalah teacher for information, information, information! He had come to 'cleanse' the house of entities, and no doubt is always aware that his mind will be pillaged for details by knowledge hungry friends.
So, the weekend was a mixed bag - but it finished as it started, with a spiritual reminder. Perhaps that's how they should all be? At any rate, it was a full and interesting, as it should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home