Life's one big test

Friday, March 11, 2005

"Time"

So here I am again... it's Friday again and I'm preparing for Shabbat this evening. It’s funny what we use to recognise 'time'. In my old house, it was always 'its Wednesday again, better put the bins out'. Then when I started studying Kabbalah, it was 'Monday already, my course tonight'.
Now, it's 'Friday already – Shabbat again!'
Life is going so quickly, I feel like I'm missing out on so much. Even though I have a good life, I know I am not leading / living it as I should be. I am not proactively going out there and living life to it’s fullest. And in the eyes of the Light, that’s not a good thing. It’s not enough to just be a good person; you must achieve everything you are here to achieve!
So, this week I have written my CV – especially for film companies. That’s the industry I want to work in, and I haven’t ever put myself forward for it; fear and insecurities have stopped me until now. Fear is mans worst enemy, it stops us from doing everything. It’s so important to recognise that, overcome it and use it. The rewards will be greater. Comes back to if something is easy to get / have, then you won’t respect it as much as if you’d worked hard for it.

I’ve got the afternoon off today as I’m going to London with ‘the guys’ to start looking for a home for them. That’s another reason to move, I want to be close to them and the kids. And if I lived in London, I would be more involved at the Centre; well to be honest, there are so many things I would be able to do that I simply can’t here in Swindon.

Just read a great joke which I’ll share here:
“A little old lady answered a knock on the door one day, only to be confronted by a well-dressed young man carrying a vacuum cleaner.
"Good morning," said the young man. "If I could take a couple minutes of your time, I would like to demonstrate the very latest in high-powered vacuum cleaners.""F*** off!" said the old lady. "I haven't got any money" and she proceeded to close the door.Quick as a flash, the young man wedged his foot in the door and pushed it wide open.
"Don't be too hasty!" he said. "Not until you have at least seen my demonstration." And with that, he emptied a bucket of horse sh*t all over her hallway carpet. "If this vacuum cleaner does not remove all traces of this horse sh*t from your carpet, Madam, I will personally eat the remainder."
"Well," she said, "I hope you've got a f***ing good appetite, because The electricity was cut off this morning."
I digress… the point I was trying to make was that life is so fast, and the older you get, the quicker it seems to move. It’s so important to follow your dreams, to live life to its utmost and overcome fear. My time is coming; I am getting stronger and more proactive. 20 years late, but better late than never…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home