Life's one big test

Saturday, March 19, 2005

How much???/!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been up to much lately, other than the norm'. Shabbat on Fridays, work in the week blah blah, and not many thoughts worth putting down on paper (oh yeah, other than my sister has separated from her 2nd husband in as many years! - but thats not for here.)
To make some cash, I finally got my act together to sell my old cd collection. I pulled out a few random cdsingles and some from my Madonna collection, and popped them on eBay.
People are mad!!!!!!!! The Corrs cd's sold on average for £15 each, except for 1, which went for.... £72.01!!!! Hello! It wasn't even a limited edition!
But it goes to prove, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it at the time! And I can assure you, I won't miss it that much. £72 will heal the wound! ha ha.
As for the Madonna cd's - well they have a few days left to go, but on average are about £20 each already.
Spent the day in Frome today - the gang trying on costumes for Purim this Thursday, a fancy dress party at the Kabbalah Centre. Trying on dirty ole wigs is NOT my idea of fun, and in the end, we went for a set - The Wizard of Oz which we'll just get off the web.
It's gonna be a great night (I hope), one in which we are expected to get drunk so that the 'satan' cannot get to our rational mind, as the rational mind is not reachable whilst drunk! ok - if I have too...